This weekend Justin competed in his first triathlon! It was a 1/3-mile swim, 20-mile bike and a 5K run. He has been recovering from an IT-band injury, so we were really glad he was able to run. He did really well. I think his official time was close to 1:40. I think. I was proud of him for just finishing... I could never do anything like that, I am quite sure. He said his knee felt great, and the swim was the hardest part.
While I waited for him on the sidelines I started chatting up this cute little guy who had already finished. (He was in the elite group...impressive). He didn't look a bit tired, so I told him so. He had on an Auburn jersey, so I asked him if he went to school there.
He said, "Yes ma'am."
REALLY?
Ma'am?
I am not even thirty.
He ma'am'd me a couple more times before our conversation was over.
Now, I am very proud of his mama for teaching him some manners, but I really do not feel as if I should fall into the ma'am category.
Because in my head, I am still 18. Or at the oldest 21.
And I for sure don't feel like I look like a ma'am!
Do I?
Turns out he is on Auburn's triathlon team. No wonder he didn't look tired.
Do I?
Turns out he is on Auburn's triathlon team. No wonder he didn't look tired.
5 comments:
Congrats to Justin!! I aspire to do one one day!!
What a HOT husband..I mean hot as in weather cause I am a grandmother, you know..Love you and missed visiting you this weekend.Robs
Can I just say that I am totally impressed!!!
Way to go Ju-C!!
Ju-C is a rockstar.
Post a Comment